Position: Head Mechanical Maintenance
Seeking professionals with over 15 years of strong experience in mechanical maintenance of minimum 500MW single unit capacity.
Drives the mechanical maintenance of the boilers, turbines, ash handling, Coal handling, BOP, Water Block & ETP while conducting condition monitoring & reliability enhancements for equipment at the plant in order to maximize the unit availability with optimum budget resources.
- Ensure maximum availability of plant in compliance with statutory and regulatory authorities
- Oversee the execution of preventive, predictive & planned maintenance of all mechanical equipment as per standards & budget in order to maximize unit availability (at least 95%)
- Monitor & administer adherence to Health & Safety standards, implement points raised in HSE Local Safety & Central Committee and train the team & off-roll supervisors in the sub-function on safety best-practices in order to drive the development of a safety culture in the team
- Facilitate the annual budget preparation of mechanical maintenance with respect to manpower, equipment, spares, and desired cash flow throughout the year in consensus with the Board
- Spearhead the mechanical maintenance of boiler, turbine, ash handling, AHP, CHP, water systems at the plant
- Enhance machine reliability by identifying defects & recommending process/design changes, developing predictive maintenance schedules & overall maintenance plan in coordination with the Reliability Team and execute efficiency enhancement projects (including MOCs) etc. in order to enhance reliability & availability across the plant
- Track the equipment and assess the risk levels of each job using a proper checklist and ticket approval and propose corresponding safety measures to ensure safety and reliability of the plant and manpower
- Lead condition monitoring for rotary equipment at the plant, diagnose issues/ deviations from base value, recommend corrective actions (in line with SOPs/ compliances) and schedule preventive/predictive maintenance in order to effect maximum availability of units/equipment for routine operations
- Training of manpower across all the equipment in the plant within a stipulated time frame encountering the challenges thrown at.
- Lack of sufficient and proven indigenous vendors leading to delay in procuring spares and providing service
B.E. (Mechanical) from a reputed institute
15-20 years of relevant experience in infra/power/capital-intensive sector
Other Technical Skills:
- Sound knowledge of the industry regulations/best practices in mechanical maintenance processes/ protocols and metallurgical aspects of materials used.
- Technical expertise regarding mechanical components installed in the power plant
- Hands on skills in hydraulic system design, trouble shooting and problem solving techniques