Position: Vice President Arts
About Our Client
One of the foundation connecting to the Real Estate Industry.
As a member of the senior management team of the Foundation, the candidate will be responsible for representing:
- Procurement - Engagement planning and administration - Art handling, collection - Technologies - Administration: The candidate shall oversee the administration of the entire roster of temporary exhibitions, gallery rotations, collection shows, supervising an annual program of approximately 5 on-site presentations.
- In addition, the candidate shall be responsible for developing the Art Centre/ Foundation collaborations with other museums on jointly organized exhibitions at venues worldwide.
The candidate will manage a collection of more than 100 works of art, across 5 cities in India, 30,000 square feet of exhibition galleries, and a 20,000-square-foot offsite storage facility.
- Develop and oversee the long-range schedule for the full program of exhibitions, major gallery projects and related activities for development and planning; facilitate projects through review and approval processes and implementation.
- Identify and lead teams to develop, manage, and implement exhibitions and major gallery projects that achieve audience, artistic, and financial goals; utilize collaborative work processes to ensure cross-functional communications, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Lead exhibition leadership team; facilitate meetings, processes and approvals to develop long-range planning, exhibition goals and criteria; utilize strategic planning decisions and tools.
- Build project budgets during various stages of approval; initiate transition to operational/multiyear budget analysis; analyze and monitor individual and overall exhibition budgets for adherence to established plans and goals.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of the museum's strategic plans and to the development and effective communication of strategic goals, planning initiatives, policies and resource allocations as related to exhibitions and major gallery projects.
- Benchmark and implement best practices for exhibition work. Lead development of new and improved project management processes and policies, including potential software solutions.
- Exercise responsibility for all exhibition-related negotiations including proposals, contracts, exhibition fees, etc.
- Plan and implement statewide exhibition program, staying within approved parameters; coordinate with other areas of the statewide program to ensure statewide agreement is met and work is integrated when appropriate.
- Provide expert advice and act as resource of museum exhibition practice to internal and external colleagues; develop and maintain relationships with museum professionals nationally and internationally to provide benefit to exhibition program and museum in general.
- Master's degree in Art History, Fine Arts, Arts Management or related specialty; or equivalent related experience in exhibition and program planning and implementation.
- Deep knowledge of fundamental exhibition concepts, practices, policies, and procedures.
- Five (5) or more years of supervisory and/or project/process management experience; a minimum of five (5) years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends in museums and professional standards.
- A broad network of national and international peers and other museum colleagues, preferred.
- Extensive experience with international projects and partners, preferred.
- Financial fluency and experience with detailed budget creation, oversight, and reporting.
- Excellent writing skills
- Other duties as required
Reporting: The Managing Trustee and President of the Foundation.
Desired Experience: 15-20 Yrs. In the field of contemporary art.