Organization : A Leading Rigid Packaging Company
Designation : Unit Head
Location : Bangalore
Reporting to : Chief Operating Officer
- Review delivery schedules and production targets to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures to achieve higher OTIF considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Develop, Implement & sustain Lean production practices to augument production tracking and quality control system e.g - analyzing production schedules, quality control mechanisims, maintenance, or other operational reports, to detect production problems and acheive higher OEE as per MTL standards.
- Clearly Set and monitor product standards, examining samples of raw products or directing random testing during production cycles, to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality and reduce customer complaints.
- Develop budgets or approve expenditures for raw materials, ensuring that materials, labor, or equipment are used efficiently to confirm to the production targets and man-hour productivity set by MTL.
- Coordinate or recommend procedures for facility or equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement of machines to improve machine availabilit ratio & reduce downtime
- Initiate Wastage Control and other Cost control programs to achieve MTL cost rationalisation objectives and achieve low rejection.
- Ensure Unit Level compliance in aderence to EHS, Quality Systems & Internal Work Procedures.
- Preparation of monthly project scorecard reports and provide management with project status updates, feedback and appropriate reporting on key responsibilities and objectives.
- Mtech / Btech / BE (Regular) Min 50% of Qualifying Marks
- Total of 10 to 15 Yrs in Manufacturing Industries and min 3 Yrs in Production Lead / Head position. Non Unionised industry preffered.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, Lean Manufacturing Methods ( Six Sigma / Lean/ Kaizen/ 5S etc) and other techniques to optimise production.
- Ability to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work
- Ability to analyse, summarise and solve complex issues related to Quality, Delivery and Efficiency
- Understanding of Engineering, Technology in Rigid Packaging along with the knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Good Leadership skills, Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills.
- Proficient in Ms Excel and / or Ms Access.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
One of the leading players in the rigid plastic packaging space in India. The company, with the world class fascilities and technologies, serves almost every FMCG industry vertical from dairy to liquor, food products, agro chemicals, pharma, homecare and personal care. The company has Pan India presence and a large converting capacity of over 140,000 MT of plastics in bottles, containers & PET forms.
The company has revenues over 1000 cr.