HR Business Partner role
Partners with a Business Unit Head / Functional head who is on the Country Leadership Team, to provide HR Business Partnering for the business/ function.
- Influences the shaping of the image of the business by providing strategic direction, applying a strong understanding of business issues
- Highly developed levels of conceptual thought and strategic vision to manage risk
- Confidently and independently applies expertise in a variety of situations
- Works well with both standard and unusual problems and is aware of alternative options and approaches
- Partners at strategic level and impacts a business unit / function
Success Profile for the HR Business Partner role-
The Success Profile is a framework designed to enable HR to lead towards our bold ambition, driving the delivery of the business strategy by leveraging key HR capabilities.
- Data Driven Insight – The HRBP uses fact-based insights to influence and drive business performance. Has the ability to manipulate data effectively and draw new insights to increase effectiveness, credibility and influence of HR within the business and solve problems having analysed all options and their impact.
- Considers HR’s issues and translates them into a set of questions to direct data analytics activity
- Seeks and identifies different data sources that will answer specific business questions
- Finds ways to condense large amounts of information into a useful form which provides insights
- Engages with and directs HR colleagues in conducting data analysis, and provides review and support
- Draws conclusions that follow logically from analysis
- Reports results of data analysis in a way that “tells the story”
- Ensures data analytics activities uphold standards around data security and integrity
- Commercial & Scientific Acumen – The HRBP improves business outcomes through a commercial business contribution and has an understanding of the science.
- Commercial Acumen
- Understands the business model and uses this knowledge to position and inform discussions with managers
- Is clear about the impact of HR programs / services on business’s key performance measures
- Demonstrates knowledge of industry issues and recommends actions/changes to HR programs in reaction to changes in market trends
- Considers the impact of recommended actions on the financial performance of the business area in terms of revenue generation or cost management
- Incorporates measures of business impact in evaluating the effectiveness of HR programs
- Manages own budgets effectively
- Scientific Acumen
- Is able to talk confidently about products within business area and the scientific principles behind them
- Demonstrates understanding around what areas of scientific research it is important for HR to be aware of, to best carry out their roles
- Builds rapport with employees with a scientific focus, and understands how their work supports the strategy of the business
- Understands the status of current patents and new R&D and the potential workforce requirements of these within business area
- Knows how the drug development process operates, and changing skills needed, e.g. managing third party relationships
- HR Expertise – HRBP leverages own expertise effectively and partners with other HR experts where necessary
- Organisational Development and Employee Relations – Has the ability to improve organisational effectiveness by aligning strategy, people and processes while creating and developing a positive, supportive employee relations environment.