Portfolio Implementation Engineer
As a Portfolio Implementation Engineer you will build or extend our:
- Proprietary portfolio construction and implementation processes
- Complex optimization problem setups and end-to-end strategy simulations
- Highly flexible and scalable rebalancing platform supporting all asset classes
- Portfolio Implementation APIs leveraging cloud computing and microservices
- High-performance optimization engine and supporting algorithms and tools
- Bespoke technology solutions that satisfy the needs of specific strategies
What You’ll Bring
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5-10 year's of experience in software development
- Ability to code in Python (& some experience with Scala highly desirable / Java experience a plus)
- Willingness to code in multiple languages
- Ability and/or experience creating scalable and flexible applications
- Experience with source control (Git) and systems development lifecycle
- Solid understanding of cloud development including Software as a Service (SaaS) model and modern application design
- Broad understanding of mathematics and/or statistics
- Experience / Knowledge of Quantitative Asset Management a plus (basic understanding & strong interest minimal)
- Experience with Spring and AWS is also a plus
- Strong individual contributor (with potential / ability for advancement)
Who You Are
- Team player with very strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Mature, thoughtful, and a natural fit for a collaborative, team-oriented culture
- Hard-working and eager to learn in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Committed to intellectual integrity, transparency, and openness
- Motivated by the transformational effects of technology-at-scale
- Driven to learn new technologies and apply those learnings to add business value
PI Engineers usually work as part of a project team to design, develop, and maintain applications and integrations based on requests from the business. This individual will use industry-leading development practices such as Agile, messaging, and test-driven development approaches to complete projects and deliver solutions. The position expects foundational knowledge of modern application development strategies with a focus on backend development and data integration. This role is expected to require fairly minimal supervision of day to day tasks. Expectations that individual will provide strong analysis, problem-solving, and execution capabilities. Ideal engineers possess broad technical knowledge and have ability to collaborate across teams and with the business.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with users and the business to perform analysis, gather requirements, and develop robust solutions to fulfill business needs as well as develop tests and assist with QA/QE processes. This includes identifying problems, recommending solutions, breaking down work into tasks, and providing regular updates and activity tracking.
- Follow development processes for source control, building, deploying, review, and change control. Collaborate with other team members to improve standards and best practices related to integration design, development process, and data governance.
- Critical skills include troubleshooting, problem-solving, critical thinking, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work together with project and development teams.
- Create and maintain wikis, run books, and design documentation.
- Participate in code and technical reviews.
- Serve as a resource and mentor for junior team members.
- Available to perform occasional weeknight and weekend support of deployments and testing as needed.