Role: Senior Developer- Backend
Industry: Fintech Startup (Neobank)
Preference: Hands-on experience on Python/ Django Stack
- 5+ years of programming experience in a backend development role
- Bachelors/Masters degree in computer science or other related fields
- Extensive and expert programming experience in at least one general programming language (Java, Python - strong OO skills preferred)
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Very good understanding of one or more of RDBMS/NoSQL/Messaging/Caching technologies.
- Have a penchant for solving complex and interesting problems
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Excellent coding skills - should be able to convert design into code fluently. Good skills to write unit integration tests with reasonable coverage of code & interfaces - TDD is a plus
- Experience in building highly scalable business applications, which involve implementing large complex business flows involving multiple third party integrations
- Worked in startup like environment with high levels of ownership and commitment
- Must be independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environment
- You'll design and develop scalable, reliable, secure and fault tolerant backend systems
- You will own the backend development for one or more of our modules and collaborate with architects, other engineers, and product managers to launch new products and/or iterate on existing features.
- You'll build and manage automated build/test/deployment environments
- Make architectural trade offs and develop new products from scratch
- Ensure high standards through code reviews, design reviews, architecture discussions
- Lead/Mentor junior engineers to instill engineering best practices and good habits.
- Experiment with new & relevant technologies and tools, and drive adoption while measuring yourself on the impact you are able to create
- Define guidelines for best practices covering design, unit testing, secure coding, etc
- Understanding of complete SDLC and Agile methodologies
- Domain expertise in Financial Services, Banking or Payments
- Code Quality –Code Hygiene (Coverage, Complexity, Usability)
- Collaboration –Strong peer review standards