The Central General Counsel (GC) team provides legal, regulatory, reputational and transactional advisement and guidance, research and analysis to our marque investment banking business, alternate asset management business, private wealth management business and also advises senior management on proprietary and strategic initiatives to ensure high quality and value- added execution of transactions,
The Central CG team also is the gate keeper of all IPRs owned, licensed by the firm and also provides legal advisement and guidance on employment laws, dispute resolution, third party contracts for internal clients. Alongside this vital work, our Group General Counsel (GGC) provides legal, policy and regulatory advice while driving strategic legal risk management for the firm.
The role reports to the GGC.
KRA of the Incumbent:
Having working knowledge of financing is an advantage.
Must have experience with FEMA related issues.
Candidate can be with a financial institution or with a law firm.
- Advising and supporting transactions and matters arising out of the activities undertaken by the business, particularly investment banking, wealth management and alternate asset management, proactive management of legal, regulatory and reputational risks and accurately raising issues with GGC.
- Providing legal support to the development of products and updating product terms and conditions and know-how to take into account applicable law and regulations, market practice and relevant internal policies.
- Legal support for new business initiatives, projects, regulatory, contentious and non-contentious matters (as required).
- Approving and overseeing and otherwise act as a consultant regarding contacts with, engagement, or instruction and manage general relationships of local external counsel in India.
- Ensuring that knowledge of all material legal/regulatory developments in India is timely disseminated to relevant business partners.
- Ensuring effectiveness in consultation with GGC and other GC teams where applicable so as to ensure there are no gaps or overlaps in overall GC coverage.
- You are result oriented, dedicated, hardworking and work on own initiative whilst also delivering on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards.
Flexibility to prioritize tasks while grasping the wider picture as well as details.
- To understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Outstanding experience and extensive knowledge of your areas of expertise – M&A/PE, wealth management, funds practice.
- Equivalent work experience in a leading law firm and/or as an in-house counsel at a leading financial institution.
- Proficiency of and broad familiarity with the financial industry and the applicable legal/regulatory regime in India.
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication skills and an outstanding drafting ability.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with teams and the business.
- Outstanding interpersonal, a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and can work under tight deadlines and can make balanced decisions.
- Strong problem solving skills, strive to seek results with an accurate judgment and a control mind-set whilst being a proactive learner.