Engineering Manager / Technical Manager
This is a hands-on leadership role in which you’ll be responsible for product delivery, architecture & design, code reviews, hands-on coding & leading a technical team. You’ll provide line management for all direct reports, complete annual reviews, and conduct performance management for the engineering team.
- Have complete technical ownership of the product
- Deliver highly operable and maintainable software products on time
- Lead a talented team of engineers to create innovative ways of Product Development.
- Write/Review code every day in addition to pairing with team members on functional and non-functional requirements
- Recruit, hire scale and act as a leader for a growing team of engineers.
- Foster a positive environment of integrity, empowerment, initiative, and teamwork.
- Do performance reviews and staff development
- Collaborate closely with internal teams and external partners to drive product delivery.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- IT experience of 11+ yrs.
- 8+ years of hands-on development experience of which at least 3 yrs experience in NodeJS/ReactJS/Java Spring Boot/Python (you should still be hands-on!) - preferably NodeJS/ReactJS"
- 3+ years of experience leading engineering teams with people management responsibilities
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Experience leading a team of 10+ members with line management responsibility, performance reviews & appraisals
- Experience and knowledge of open source tools & frameworks, broader cutting edge technologies around server-side development.
- Good understanding of Architecture & Design for building scalable & high availability applications
- Hands-on experience in:
- Databases (RDBMS, NoSQL)
- Any cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Building microservices-based architectures
- Troubleshooting issues & diagnosing performance bottlenecks
- Institutionalizing best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, test-driven development
- Software development using Agile-Scrum
- Mentoring technical leads & senior engineers & code reviews
Good to have:
- Experience with Salesforce, Go
- Experience working with product-based organizations
- Experience working in a Startup environment
- Certification in Scrum/AWS/GCP/Azure