Our client is looking for a passionate engineer with a drive to build scalable applications.
This is a great opportunity to join a team responsible for a product that is defining the way companies engage and connect with their employees. You’ll be working in Gurugram alongside talented and really passionate engineers, designers, and researchers who are focused on building a world class application, some of whom are based in other locations. We offer a great working environment and an excellent opportunity to be part of a dynamic and rapidly scaling product organization.
What you’ll do
What makes you a great fit for our team:?
- Lead a team of highly talented and passionate devops engineers.
- Manage Dev/Test/UAT/Prod environments
- Point of contact during non working hours for site reliability on a rotational basis to manage, prioritize, troubleshoot and resolve business critical incidents.
- Manage overall security of the infrastructure, application, services and reduce attack surface.
- Set up, monitor and manage highly available, fault tolerant microservices and server less applications
- Responsible for planning and executing disaster recovery plans.
- Responsible for defining and improving services’ operational MTT(R/F/D) metrics like mean time to recovery, failure, detection etc.
- Write/Review infrastructure as code (IaaC) every day in addition to pairing with team members on functional and nonfunctional requirements.
- Ensure IaaC is thoroughly tested and that all features meet quality checks before deployment.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams (Architecture, Testing, Product, Mobile, DevOps, Data Science, Data Engineering etc.) to define and execute the DevSecOps feature roadmap.
- Deliver product/feature/module in a global team environment with members working remotely in various time zones and locations
- Contribute to the constant improvement of practices and processes in the team.
- Research new technologies and tools and share your learning with the rest of the team.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to the team members & deliver technical training's & tech-talks
Good to have:
- 8+ years of overall experience with at least 3+ years of experience with AWS.
- AWS Certified “DevOps Engineer - Professional” is a must
- Hands-on knowledge of software containerization platforms like Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes. Must have previously managed production grade Kubernetes clusters.
- Experience automating and managing Continuous Integration and deployment release pipelines using Jenkins and Groovy.
- Experience in cloud monitoring tools like Prometheus / Grafana / AWS CloudWatch / New Relic or equivalent
- Must have written production grade AWS IaaC in Cloudformation. Have good knowledge about various challenges in AWS Cloudformation.
- Excellent knowledge of Shell Scripting and experience with Python or Nodejs
- Hands-on experience with immutable configuration management tools such as Ansible or Terraform
- Good experience in setting up, monitoring and managing clusters of NoSQL (eg. Redis, Cassandra) & Messaging Middleware (Kafka).
- Hands-on experience with load-balancers, DNS/AWS Route53, nginx (reverse) proxy, service discovery/AWS CloudMap, AWS EFS/NFS.
- Ability to work on multiple business demands, successfully handle ambiguity, prioritize and deliver in a timely manner with high standards
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills, with an ability to handle both executive-level discussions as well as technical deep dives
- Ability to lead by an example and operate in an environment promoting diversity, inclusion and respect
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator / Developer
- Experience with AWS CDK
- Experience setting up tools like nexus / jfrog artifactory, sonarqube, jenkins, spinnaker.