Core Platform Engineers are responsible for building high-performance electronic trading systems for equities trading. They gather requirements, research, design, implement, test, support, and monitor trading strategies’ performance on these trading platforms
- Design, build and maintain a high-performance, high-availability, high-capacity, yet nimble and adaptive platform for trading cash and options products in global markets.
- Research and provide strategic direction to the firm's Direct Market Access offering with changing market regulations and financial microstructure.
- Understand market rules, regulations, exchange service offerings and implement changes to these on an on-going basis.
- Communication with traders, sales, clients and compliance officers about new feature requests and uplift of existing features.
- Use data to guide decision-making, developing or enhancing tools as necessary to collect it
Prior experience must include understanding of:
- Strong computer architecture foundation with understanding of linux memory management, caching and Operating System fundamentals.
- Solid background in Data Structures & Algorithms.
- Distributed systems and associated complexities with understanding of messaging infrastructures like Kafka.
- SQL and NoSQL databases like mongoDb expertise a plus.
three (3) years with:
- Writing latency sensitive high-performance code in C++ or Java.
- Socket programming using TCP, UDP, Multicast. Kernel bypass understanding a plus.
- Using debugging and profiling tools like gdb, valgrind, jfr, jprof etc.
- Working through the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and using CI/CD tools including gradle, git, etc.
- Experience with native exchange protocols like FIX, Ouch etc. or FPGAs (Field Programmable Gate Arrays), a plus