Position- Head Asset Management & Operations.
Experience and Qualifications - experience in Corporate finance & Portfolio Monitoring/ Turnaround, Special Situations and Performance Improvement Management
Qualifications – CA or equivalent,
MBA from a premier institute
Skills required : A deep understanding of finance, commercial contracts and its
implications thereof on businesses. Ability to build relationships with senior finance functionaries,
gain their confidence, respect, and manage such relationships through easy and difficult times.
Exposure to listed companies and related compliance is essential.
- Understanding the commercials behind each transaction thoroughly for monitoring
- Responsible for monitoring conditions precedent and Conditions subsequent before and
- On going monitoring of the financial performance of the portfolio investment. Be alert to developments and risks that arise and anticipate the same and escalate where necessary.
- Hold regular meetings with the portfolio company senior finance professional and have a
thorough understanding of the company’s financials.
- Monitor and review checks and balances to protect the funds’ interests on matters like
board meetings, minutes, related party transactions etc.
- Ensure follow up of such governance matters with the investee company and ensure regulatory and other compliance.
- Build a relationship with the investee company to ensure a smooth working relationship and ensure co-operation from the investee company team.
- Implement systems and processes for institutionalizing the post investment Asset management business.
*additional ABC notes-
Essentially someone who had good knowledge of accounts/ finance. Eye for detail. Also sound knowledge of secretarial practices like board meetings, notices and minutes and processes. Some one who can understand our rights under the financing documents that we sign and have the ability to ensure that those are protected. These are typically information rights, board observer rights and check and verifying facts and documents provided by clients.
The role would also require the person to monitor the financial performance of the company and compare the performance vs our initial investment assumption. Draw up variance statement and
discuss with management reasons. A person, who can apply his mind and has a commercial sense.
Typically such persons would be a CA/ CS or law combination background and worked on a credit monitoring capacity In a Private Equity fund or Bank or large NBFC.
It could also be a person who has worked in
multiple industries in the finance and accounts functions and has exposure to board functioning
mechanics and dealt with external parties and agencies.