BUSINESS: Industrial Group (Pumps)
DIRECT REPORTING: Sr. Director – Plant & Engineering
FUNCTIONAL REPORTING: Sr. Director – Plant & Engineering
Responsible for the efficient functioning of Supply Chain Management function at plant level for our India Pump business. The role will involve directing, optimizing and coordinating complete supply chain management processes and systems. The position will need to Collaborate with interlinking functions to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company.
- Devise and use fruitful sourcing strategies; Sourcing of various material required as per order specifications by developing nearby suppliers.
- Materials Management – Has to work in sync with production plan; constant review of Monthly/Weekly Sales Plan.
- Quality: Ensuring consistency and periodic improvement in supplier quality through regular vendor visits and vendor development programs.
- Processes: to follow process-based approach rather than person specific approach.
- Logistics: Knowledge of imports and exports along with local logistics, rules and regulations.
- People: Train & Groom Talent in the Team for High Performance & Growth
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships.
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms. Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness. Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies.
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
• Excellent ability to analyze and interpret internal & external customer specifications
• Detail Orientated
• Good in meeting deadlines
• Knowledge of production process
• Good negotiation skills, knowledge of payment methods (penalties, guarantees) and contractual terms, communication skills are required.
• Experience with lean principles
• Must be a strong influencer, driven solely by data and facts.
• Ability to leader as a team and work in a team.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical / Chemical / Production Engineering
- Post-Graduation in Materials Management / Operations will be preferred.
- Minimum 10-12 years of experience in medium or heavy manufacturing industries
- Good NDT knowledge and quality documentation.
- A good understanding of ERP systems
- Understanding specifications of critical bought outs like: Motors, Mechanical seals, Line Mounted Relief Valves.
- Various Material standards and specifications in Steel, Cast Iron, Aluminum, Bronze. Basic Knowledge of ASTM.DIN, ANSI, BS & IS standards related to raw material.